With our technology proven and now entering demonstration-scale production, Joule Fuels is laying the groundwork for commercialization of high-quality, cost-competitive renewable fuels.
Joule Sunflow-E targets the growing market for ethanol, which is estimated at $64 billion in 2012 and projected to reach $120 billion by 2020. Global use is expected to grow from 1.5 million barrels/day in 2010 to an estimated 3.4 million barrels/day in 2020. This is being driven by oil price volatility, global climate change concerns and growth in transport sector demand in general – all of which bolster adoption of renewable alternatives.
Joule Sunflow-D will target the world’s highest-growth fuel sector, diesel, which is expected to grow from $700 billion in 2012 to $900 billion by 2030. Global demand for diesel accounts for 62% of total oil market growth, creating a bottleneck for refiners. Unlike biodiesel, Joule Sunflow-D can comprise 50% of the blend or greater, creating widespread opportunities across the road transport, marine and aviation markets.
Joule Fuels was formed to capitalize on these market forces with a revolutionary production platform and a hand-picked team of experts to oversee its deployment – from site selection and project development to plant construction and operations. Our foundations for success include:
- More than two years of successful pilot testing and a newly-commissioned demonstration plant
- A highly scalable and modular system that readily expands from tens to thousands of acres
- A robust project pipeline with multiple siting opportunities worldwide
- Validation and support via key initial partnerships
- Exclusive access to the technology, IP and know-how of Joule Unlimited Technologies, our sister company and pioneer of the Helioculture™ platform