Sustainable Ethanol from Sunlight
Demand for ethanol, driven in part by the US Renewable Fuel Standard, has been addressed to date by biomass-dependent solutions. Whether corn, sugarcane or cellulose, these feedstocks require costly growth, harvesting, transport and complex processing to achieve an end product. Some of these processes have a negative energy balance and cause depletion of fresh water and arable land. Moreover, some divert the use of vital food crops for the production of fuel – a debate that increasingly makes headlines.
Joule Sunflow-E brings the many benefits of ethanol to market with none of the drawbacks.
- Renewable and sustainable, derived solely from sunlight and waste CO2
- Easy to use, compatible with existing infrastructure
- High quality, meets industry specs
- Available in high volumes – targeting up to 25,000 gal/acre/year
- High areal efficiency – 100X that of corn ethanol and 10X that of cellulosic ethanol
- Stable, competitive costs – targeting $1.28/gallon without subsidies
- Avoids use of crops, arable land and fresh water
- Amenable to localized production around the world for energy security